If you repeat this, I will deny it… but I have spent countless hours (maybe seven or eight, maybe more) googling and pinteresting for bedrooms with dark, sultry walls. Navy, charcoal, black, inky deep walls. So incredible. A few of my favorites are below. For more, and believe me, there are more, feel free to check out my pinterest board of dark walls.
I don’t know when I will get to decorate another bedroom… since I don’t know where I will be living come August. Or for how long. Or you know…
But a girl can dream.
Here are a few things that I learned about dark walls (like, when I think they work and when I think they don’t):
1. Dark walls must be paired with lots of white. White bedding, white trim, white curtains. Maybe a flokati rug or two.
2. I don’t like them super shiny or enameled. I get the idea, but I don’t like walls to be reflective. I don’t know if it should be matte, eggshell or satin yet (does anyone have guesses on this front?).
3. They need LOTS of cool art. Preferably BIG art, or at least a gallery wall. Frames should be white or gold, with large white mats. I don’t like dark walls that are left too blank. It freaks me out or something.
4. Dark walls look awesome with gold shelving units.
5. Dark walls are a neutral – so they can be paired with almost any other colors. Some of favorites with dark walls are turquoise, coral/tomato red, chartreuse.
6. Natural wood looks great with dark walls too.
I cannot wait to get a bedroom that I can paint. It’s going to be glorious.
PS. The original links to the pictures are contained on my pinterest board.